Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy 2014!

Can you believe it's 2014?!?!  Holy cow!  What a year 2013 was and I can hardly wait to see all that 2014 brings.  I'm linking up with Oh Boy 4th Grade to bring you my January Currently!


When do you all head back to school?  The teachers and students head back on Monday.  That is, if we have school.  This is a picture of our forecast for next week:


A windchill of NEGATIVE 46!?!?!  I have NEVER experienced cold like that in my life.  With those windchills and the chance of snow, we may only end up going to school one or two days next week.  I can't say I wouldn't be just a little excited.  ;)

Last Saturday I had the chance to meet up with some sweet Ohio bloggers in Columbus for lunch and a little shopping!  Seriously, such an amazing group of women.  I feel so honored to know them!



Starting with the front row (LtoR): Jenny from Luckeyfrog's Lilypad, me, Christina from Sugar and Spice

Back row (LtoR): Julie from First Grade Critter Cafe, Emily from Curious Firsties, Jennie from JD's Rockin Readers, Lisa from Fourth and Ten, and Sarah from Primarily Au-Some

I just love getting together with other bloggers because the discussion is so rich!  It's amazing the friendships that develop through blogging and TPT!

If you don't follow me on Instagram, my IG name is sarahlynnkirby.  Today I posted a picture of some CUTE finds at Five Below!  For those who haven't been or don't know what it is, it's like a Dollar Store, except it's a little more expensive because everything is $5 and under! ;)

One last thing before I get back to work on my latest product.  Check it out!  I'm designing a math fact fluency program for first graders!  I have plans to make one for K and 2 as well in the future.  It features math fact sheets for timed tests with both 20 problems and 50 problems so you can choose which one to use.  It's Common Core aligned, so it deals with sums up to 10 and subtraction from up to 10.  It's designed as an incentive program so the kids are motivated to reach their goals.  With each level they pass, they earn the parts to a banana split!!!! :)  Keep your eyes peeled...I'm planning to have this up ASAP, no later than Sunday.  :)



Happy New Year!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Baha! I am TOTALLY not judging your JT music selection. I made a "recap of the 2013 holidays" video for my personal blog, and I totally used an N'Sync Christmas song in the background. ;)

    We head back Monday, as well (ick!) and the kids come back Tuesday. Sounds like we have a much better chance for actually going back on that day, though... it was almost 80 here yesterday! Winter in Texas is just not really winter, I'm learning... lol.

    I love the print-out for the blogger's meet-up! That is a great idea!!

    ~Mrs. K. from The Teacher Garden Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl after I had Payton my feet didn't fit into ANY shoes. I had to buy all new. They never went back down to normal! How annoying is that?! I am not sure about that weather... I think it is like that in Buffalo too... makes me wonder just WHAT I am thinking moving up there haha. I am needing the same thing... in a big way!! Good luck on the diet and going back to work!
    Gina
    Third Grade Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. My feet are wide and I almost always have to get wide width :( lol.. I absolutely LOVE Justin and I can't wait til he comes to my area this summer for a concert :) The blogger meetup looks like it was so much fun.. I would've loved to be there! Enjoy your last few days of vacay!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blogger meetup looks like fun! I have never done anything like that.

    Tara
    The Math Maniac

    ReplyDelete